Thursday, July 7, 2016

Let's Get Started!  Need a recipe?  I'll be using a stir-fry chart from my Pinterest listing,  Cooksmarts Guide To Stir-Frying.  What I like about this chart is you can use whatever is now in your house.  I quickly found this one under the combo listing:  Salmon and Green Bean Curry Stir Fry to work with and no trip to the store was neccessary.  The green beans,  green onion tops and fresh ginger came from my garden.
https://www.pinterest.com/tcknighthoodent/electric-wok/

       
         Salmon and Green Bean Curry Stir Fry


 Other pins you might be interested in are:  Recipes Asian, One Pot, Stir Fry, Electric Wok, and how to grow green onions, ginger and green beans, found at:

https://www.pinterest.com/tcknighthoodent/

WOW! This recipe is fantastic!  I used to live in Asia and this dish tastes like the Thai spicy food I loved.  I was looking for a great salmon recipe and now I've found one, Thank You Pinterest and Cooksmarts!  This was my first attempt at this dish, and I will be remaking it often.  Remember to use wooden, chopsticks or non-stick utensils to cook with.




I followed the basic recipe but made these changes:

To use the electric wok, use the # 4 setting on the fish/meat then turn down to 3 - 3 1/2.  This makes 6     servings. To add some fiber in the rice I used 3 parts jasmine/long grain rice to 1 part brown rice, long grain. In a later blog we will cover how to use the rice cooker/steamer.
10 oz. Pampa, glass jar of mushrooms (save liquid) from dollar store.
3 cups fresh green beans, cut
1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger
1 lb. package Sea Queen frozen wild caught pink salmon fillets, skinless and boneless (from Aldie's).
        It's easier to get out of the package, cube and cook when still partially frozen.
1/2 tsp.garlic salt
Mae Ploy Yellow Curry Paste from Asian market (Thai product).
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon (Better Than Bouillon) with the mushroom liquid (Walmart).
Topped with green onion tops, sliced.
Added a few tablespoons water in skillet as needed.


Happy Woking!





No comments:

Post a Comment