Friday, July 29, 2016

Keurig Recap

When I went to Walmart to buy the Solo refill pod to use in my Keurig machine, they didn't have any on the shelf.  Instead they had a new choice for me, Brew & Save.  I used the purple refillable pod to make Ginko, Mulberry and Spearmint teas.  I used a glass measuring cup with a pour spout under the stream and poured it into individual glass jars and labeled them.  Use pot holders to move the jars and put on the lids.




The mint leaves I grew in my garden, dried them then used a Vita-Mix, a high powered blender to turn into a
powder.  I used 1 teaspoon in a paper filter in the purple reusable filter of this fine tea.  It turned out great, plus I ran the machine for 3 times with 10 oz. of water from the same 1 teaspoon of powdered mint tea.  For the other two teas, I placed the dried leaves to the fill line in the purple pod without a paper filter with great results.  Of course you can also use fresh herbs and fresh tea leaves or coffee grounds in the purple pod.  I usually drink my teas unsweetened but you can add Stevia leaves or powder or a sweetener of your choice to the pod to try or just stir your sweetner into your single serving mug.  Note do not use Stevia until after childbearing years are over.  



Now I have a ready made tea supply for a few days.  Sometimes the lids will completely seal when I reuse the glass jars then I can put them in the pantry for a few days.  The ones that don't seal or are not made to seal, I place in the fridge.  I am pleased with the Brew & Save products.  To learn how to use, grow, dry or the nutrient or medicinal value of teas see these pinterest listings:


If you don't have a local source for a refillable, reuseable filter you can find one here:

Teas/ stevia:

No comments:

Post a Comment