Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Farberware Electric Wok


     I bought this appliance about 26 years ago, at a second hand store in excellent condition.  My favorite recipe from their cookbook is American Stew.  I've used this on buffet lines for warming dinner rolls or just used like an electric skillet.  It looks great and top priority for me was it was stainless steel.  When I had a chance to pick up another one at a garage sale, I nabbed it too.  For large gatherings the food can be kept warm and easily served  from these.  The food can also be mounded high because of the deep lid.  During a 14 day, widespread, electricity power loss in a 100% electric home, due to 3 ice storms within a few days, this appliance was very useful.  I just plugged it into the cord from the gas generator running outside.



                                                         

                                                                  
Here is one way to use this appliance.  To make Nasi Goreng Fried Rice you will need a special paste.  I recommend World Foods.  It's gluten free, trans fat free, dairy free and no GMO ingredients.  Just follow the recipe on the back of the label for Indonesian Nasi Goreng.  I will list the changes/additions and substitutions I used.


This is where I bought mine from.  You may need to allow extra shipping time.  Mine took about 2 months to arrive because it was on back order.  It was worth the wait.  This is the best chili  paste brand I've ever used, worldwide.
   The changes I made to the recipe were:
Turn knob to 175 degrees to make the omelet with garlic salt and pepper. 




 Raise to 250 degrees to cook the 3 cups of frozen stir fry vegetables adding 1/4 cup water, 2 cups pre-cooked turkey breast, put on lid. 




 After 5 minutes I used 3 cups cold pre-cooked rice layered over the eggs and vegetables, put lid back on for 3-5 more minutes while the rice steams.


  

Stir it all up and serve. 




This makes 2-4 servings.  The peppers are at medium heat level.  If you don't like spicy, try cutting back on the paste by up to half.  I used this while on the 21 Day Fix diet or for regular meals.







  

It works good for food prep also.


Tips for this appliance:  don't turn the heat too high.  Follow the recipe on the label.  What is written above is the changes I made to it.  Or just make what is on the label as it is good too.  I prefer vegetables in mine.  This would also be a good way to use up leftover chicken or holiday turkey.  We enjoy this year round.  Try different kinds of meats.  The sky is the limit, use your imagination.

For more basic food prep or anything 21 Day Fix minded see:


                                                                                                                                                                      https://www.pinterest.com/tcknighthoodent/21-day-fix-1200-calorie-plan-ideas/

No comments:

Post a Comment