Friday, May 26, 2017

Waring Immersion Blender and Bean Dip


Find the recipe here:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/496803402634468538/

I was out of white beans and substituted black beans, drained and unrinsed, instead.  Be careful not to overheat the oil.  I also used less olive oil (2 tablespoons total including the topping).  This immersion blender came with a wall mount and 2 reservoir containers.  On first taste I thought it was too spicy and too lemony.  I'll save some to taste again in a day or two since that was what the recipe mentioned.  The machine worked pretty well.  At first I thought it would splatter outside of the pan, but it didn't.  I tasted it again a half hour later and the lemon has already mellowed.  It sure does have a spicy bite to it.  I usually eat mild spicy so next time I will lower the chili seasonings by about 1/2.  If you like very hot spicy you will want to add more chili than the recipe calls for.  I like how this recipe calls for fresh rosemary since I grow it and was looking for some more recipes to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment